Search Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Back to Denver For The Summer

Took a contract job with my old company, helping with a large project, so I am back in Denver for the summer. Towed the Alfa behind the Commander. I guess I found a reason for having the 5.7 Hemi! Anyway...

While I had the car up on the trailer, I took advantage of the fact the underside was accessible, and took it to one of those self serve high pressure car washes. Dropped more than a few quarters into it as I hosed down the underside, as 35 years of oil and dirt started sloughing off.

Then more simple projects as I get to know the car, and get comfortable being under it, and getting greasy. Changed the oil. First time in my life I have ever changed the oil in a car myself. Flushed the radiator (I have done that once in my old Subaru, about 20 years ago...). Changed the fuel filter in the engine compartment, as well as the Spica oil filter.

Then I found out why the right rear brake wasn't working. The steel brake line had a pinch in it. A few different auto parts stores before I found someone who had an idea about European cars and metric threads. Used the original as a guide, and bent the brake line and installed it. Then bled the rear brakes. Twice. Don't ask.....

No comments:

Post a Comment