Search Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Door latch

Part of the description of the car was that the driver's door didn't sit correctly, so it didn't close flush with the car. After getting the car back to Chicago, I decided to dig into this. As I said in the seatbelt post, I was naively and blindly moving forward. I had yet to purchase a manual, so it was a matter of going at it with the limited knowledge I had of door panels and latches. This one was actually a very easy fix, which didn't require the removal of the door panel. Of course, I had already removed it...




Anyway, turns out there were simply three bolts missing from the door latch, which caused the latch to not sit properly.









A quick trip down to the hardware store, and four bolts later, problem solved!








The door still sags a bit, and that will be a project for a later date, but for now, it closes all the way, if not completely smooth. I have to admit, when I finished this, and closed the door, I was pretty proud of myself... Again, I look back on that and find it rather funny... Coming up, the front suspension rebuild!!

No comments:

Post a Comment